THE CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
Continuing the centuries-long statehood traditions, taking as a basis the principles expressed in the Constitution act "On the State Independence of the Republic of Azerbaijan", desiring to provide prosperity and welfare of the whole society and each individual, wishing to establish freedom and security, understanding the responsibility before the past, present and future generations, using the right of its sovereignty declares solemnly its following intentions:
- to protect the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- to provide a democratic system within the frames of the Constitution;
- to achieve the establishment of a civil society;
- to build a law-based, secular state to provide the command of law as an expression of the will of the nation;
- to provide a worthy life level for everybody in conformity with just economic and social order;
- to remain faithful to universal human values, to live in peace and freedom with all the nations of the world and co-operate with them for this purpose.
Having in mind the above-enumerated sincere intentions the Present Constitution is adopted through the general poll of population referendum.
... read the whole Constitution (in PDF)