THE CONSTITUTION OF ROMANIA
(1) Romania is a sovereign, independent, unitary and indivisible National State.
(2) The form of government of the Romanian State is a Republic.
(3) Romania is a democratic and social state, governed by the rule of law, in which human dignity, the citizens' rights and freedoms, the free development of human personality, justice and political pluralism represent supreme values, in the spirit of the democratic traditions of the Romanian people and the ideals of the Revolution of December 1989, and shall be guaranteed.
(4) The State shall be organized based on the principle of the separation and balance of powers -legislative, executive, and judicial - within the framework of constitutional democracy.
(5) In Romania, the observance of the Constitution, its supremacy and the laws shall be mandatory...
... read the whole Constitution (in PDF)